This post is aimed at educating general public as to how to conduct a trademark search in India.
Why you should do a search?
- To check if your trademark is already registered;
- To check if your trademark is already filed and pending to be registered;
- To identify the potential for objection and/or opposition;
- To check if your trademark would infringe on any registered or pending marks.
How to do a search?
- Visit Indian Trademark Registry Website at https://ipindiaonline.gov.in/tmrpublicsearch/frmmain.aspx
- Please download the Guidelines to use Trade Mark Public Search containing detailed instructions on how to perform trademark search