The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has been established under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 which consolidates various acts & orders that have hitherto handled food related issues in various Ministries and Departments. FSSAI has been created for laying down science based standards for articles of food and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import to ensure availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption.
FSSAI certificate has now become mandatory for all manufacturers, traders, restaurants and those who are involved in food business, commonly termed as Food Business Operators (FBOs).
How to Apply Registration?
- For License: FBO’s are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID and Mobile Number which should be kept active.
- For Registration: FBO’s are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID OR Mobile Number
- The name of the FBO should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the License.
- On successful submission of application, the system will generate a unique Reference Id for the application.
- Take a print out of the “Acknowledgment” and “Online Application Form” and attach the Demand Draft for the fee (if payment mode is Demand Draft) and supported documents (Refer Document Checklist) required as part of the application and submit the application to your State Authority or Regional Office of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, within 15 days from the date of submission of application online.
What are the documents required during registration?
Please download the document from here http://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/pdf/annexure2.pdf
What are the fees involved for different categories of FBOs?
Please download the document for detailed fee structurehttp://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/pdf/Fee.pdf
How the entire licensing system works?
Please see click the following link for proess flow http://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/pdf/FlowChart.pdf
How to submit application?
1. Application should be submitted to the State Authority/Regional Office of Food Safety and Standards of India, within fifteen days from the date of submission of application online. (i.e.) If date of submission of application online is 18th May 2011, then the last date of submission of application along with fee and supportive documents is on or before 2nd June 2011.
2. Print out of Online Application Form is mandatory as part of the application submitted. Your application will not be accepted and processed without the Online Application Form.
3. For fees and supportive documents required to be submitted as part of the application, please refer to Fee structure and Documents Checklist links provided at login page.
More information is available at FSSAI Online Portal
Due Credits and Copyrights to FSSAI Online Portal